THE THEME: EVERYDAY FILIPINO
Everyday Filipino - the little normal things that we ignore... [samples coming soon]
- Contest is open to all comic book artists except for professionals with published paid works sold in major bookstores (Comics published thru photocopiers are allowed to join).
- Contestants/ groups are limited to only one entry.
- Entries submitted by groups are required to submit the names of the individuals involved in creating the indie. Group entries with professionals on board are automatically disqualified.
- Entries should adhere to the given theme. Entries deviating from the theme shall be automatically disqualified.
- Submit 3 copies of your entry toJon Zamarat 132 a Narra Street,Project 3, Quezon Cityfrom September 1 until October 10, 2005. Entries submitted beyond October 10 shall not be accepted.
- Winners shall be announced on the event itself on October 22 and shall be notified via e-mail or phone.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Entries should be in the form of a comic book with the following specs:o 8.5 X 6.5 (long bond paper, folded, and stapled twice in the middle)
o Entries should be placed in a short brown envelope with their name, address, phone number, and e-mail written legibly at the upper left hand corner.
o Stories must be 8 to 20 pages long (including cover)
o Please note that entries are non returnable. Entries should be reproductions only. (originals will not be accepted)
o Colored and/or black and white entries are accepted.
o There are no restrictions as to the genre or art style that can be used as long as the comic book follows the given theme.
o The story should be in the form of a one-shot title. It should be whole in itself, with a clear beginning, middle, and end. Multiple comic stories in a single entry (anthology) will not be allowed.