What if this character was Filipino? Your favorite Superhero? Your favorite Anime character? Your favorite literary character?
- Contest is open to all comic book artists except for professionals with published works sold in bookstores.
- Redraw / recreate any existing comic / manga character into a Filipino counterpart. For example: if Wolverine was Filipino, what would he look like? What would his story be? Will he still be called Wolverine?
- Write a short write up about your recreated character.
- Entries can be digitally or traditionally rendered.
- Entries are to be submitted online with a canvass size of 8 1/2 x 11 (letter size) and having the resolution of 150 - 300 dpi. E-mail your entry to komikon[at]gmail[dot]com with the subject: “KOMIKON 2007: Character Making Contest”. Only e-mail entries are accepted.
- Include a picture of the original character.
- One entry per person only.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on October 31, 2007
- E-mail should include the following information:
a. Name of Character:
b. Short description:
c. Name of Artist:
f. Contact information (mobile no./e-mail)