LEAD SLINGER CHALLENGE Contest Guidelines
1. Contestant must be a Filipino citizen (by birth or by naturalization) and 18 years old or above to enter the Challenge.
2. There will be three challenges/assignments which have to be completed in exactly one hour’s time each. The challenges/assignments and the materials needed will be given on the spot. Critiques will be given by the judges individually on stage during the KOMIKON 2006.
3. Interested parties must submit 5 samples of their work to be considered for the contest including their contact information (name, e-mail, URL, mailing address, landline number, and mobile phone) and a short bio-data (age, sex, etc.). Please submit your samples and contact information to email@example.com no later than October 6, 2006. The judges will shortlist five artists from the collective to participate in the said contest. The contestants will be notified 5 days before the event by e-mail, SMS, and phone call.
4. There are no contest fees to be paid.
5. The prize is Php 10,000.00 and a paid two-week working contract (internship, if winner is still a student) in IAS Manila, Inc.
6. The artworks produced by the contestants in the contest proper will become the property of IAS Manila, Inc.
7. The entire event will be documented via pictures and video, including the selection process for short-listing candidates. These will become the sole property of IAS Manila, Inc. to be used as promotional and press release material.
8. The judges’ decision will be final.
9. For further questions or clarifications, please send an email to:
This contest is brought to you by KOMIKON and our Co-Presentor, Storyboards Online / IAS.