1. This contest’s theme is will be based on a script created by the Philippine RF Online Scribes. You can download the script here.
2. The size of the artwork must be exactly 11 x 17 inches (unframed). You may use either "portrait" or "landscape" orientation. It must have panels, word balloons, sound effects, etc. like a comic strip.
3. You may use any traditional medium (pen and ink, watercolors, etc.) or computer/digital art. For computer/digital entries, please submit a CD using 300dpi resolution JPEG on 8.5x11 inches.
40% Visual narrative
Knowledge and application of the visual language of comics. This includes legibility, flow of visual sequences, and overall knowledge of sequential storytelling theories.
20% Story / Conceptualization
Concept and integration of the given theme in a cohesive and entertaining tale.
30% Illustration Skills / Technical expertise
Refers to the adeptness of the contestant to illustrate, color and letter their work.
10% Overall impact
This refers to how all of the elements unite to form a solid comic.
-3 level boost (max level 45) For the winner’s RF character
-Max PTs for Defense and Primary Attack Stat for the winner’s RF character.
-Possibility of being commissioned to do the art for RF Online’s webcomic
-Php 2, 500 Cash Prize
-Php 1, 500 Cash Prize
-Php 1,000 Cash Prize
1. Level Up! Artists Search 2006 is open to all Filipinos, aged 18 and above. It would be nice if they are players of Level Up!’s RF Online but it is not required.
2. Entries must be properly labeled with the following:
• Full name
• Contact numbers (landline and/or cellphone)
• E-mail address
• Title of entry
• Medium (please give a description of materials and techniques used)
• Essay (please write an essay with at least 200 words about yourself and your entry)
3. Entries must be accompanied by a properly filled-up Application Form. Forms are available at the Level Up! Games Office, 11th Floor Pacific Star Building, Buendia Ave. cor. Makati Ave., Makati City. Or you may download it here.
4. Entries must be accompanied by the following:
• 2x2 inch colored ID photo (please write your name on the back of the photo)
5. There is no entry fee. You may submit as many entries as you want as long as each entry is properly labeled and has all of the above requirements. Please don’t submit multiple copies of the same entry.
6. Entries must be unframed, dry and properly packed. They must have backing like corrugated board for support, and transparent plastic cover for protection.
7. Entries may be sent or delivered to:
Level Up! Games Office
11th Floor Pacific Star Building
Buendia Ave. cor. Makati Ave.
Or they may be sent or delivered to:
Komikon 2006 /Artists’ Den
43 Esteban St., Mandaluyung City
Deadline for early submission of entries is Thursday, October 19, 2006.
8. Entries may also be submitted to the Level Up! booth at the Komikon 2006, UP Bahay ng Alumni.
Final deadline for this will be at 12 noon on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
9. Failure to comply with these rules shall automatically disqualify the participant. Level Up! reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed inappropriate. Decisions of the judges are final. Appeals will not be entertained.
10. Entries will be exhibited at Komikon 2006. Judging and announcement of winners will be in the evening.
11. Winning entries will become the property of Level Up! Level Up! will have full rights and copyright privileges thereafter.
12. Participants or their authorized representatives may retrieve non-winning entries after the event or at the Level Up! Office. Entries not retrieved after November 15, 2006 will become the property of Level Up!
13. Level Up! may photograph participants and entries at its discretion. Joining this contest constitutes an agreement by the participants to allow Level Up! to use their likeness and/or their entry’s image in any current/future advertisement, promotion, or product.
RF Online Comic Script:
The Submitted work in (11x17) should be divided into 5 Panels:
Orbital shot of Novus, with some Accretian/Bellato/Corite ships in orbit
Panel Text of Panel 1:
Planet Novus, home of the largest Halostone Deposits and also one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy
Shot of a player party engaging a pitboss
Panel text of Panel 2:
It’s not dangerous because of the monsters…
Shot of Cauldron Volcanic Area
Panel text of Panel 3:
…or the Terrain…
Shot of a Control Chip being attacked by 2 of the 3 races. One race defending.
Panel Text of Panel 4:
Its dangerous because of the brutal conflict between the three races.
One accretian, One Corite and One Bellato squaring off amidst the battle.
With galactic domination at stake… how far will YOU go for your race?
Participants are encouraged to visit RF Onlines website at http://www.risingforce.ph
for background info and sample images for inspiration on their submitted works.
This contest is brought to you by KOMIKON and our Co-Presentor, Level Up Games.